Read-Only Archives

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Side Effects (tm) 

da5id wrote:
JetEyeNight wrote:
[sarcasm]
Heck, why redesign RSMs to be lighter and also easier to make when you can just scrap the idea all together, am I right? Nobody likes hubstacks anyways.

There's just too many unique side effects flooding the market right now so there's no demand. It's not like side-effect-enabled yoyos have been out for over two years or anything. There's hardly any yo-yos that use side effects to make it worthwhile... [/sarcasm] *facepalm*

Come on guys, I've been waiting a long time for really unique side effects. Take a little break from designing new throws and focus on side effects for a while.

I wish we had this luxury :)

Loving the Summit by the way. The Summit is THE reason you don't need to design any new yoyos, at least for a while.

I know you're super busy, I can appreciate that...

More side effect releases would make me feel better simply because I can afford every side effect that comes out, I can't necessarily afford ever new yoyo you release. There's a big portion of us who are happy with the throws we have and by releasing many new side effects you allow us to experience something different without breaking the bank.

I'm very happy with the variety of different-weighted side effects that you offer. They definitely provide a way to experience a side-effect-enabled yoyo in a variety of ways.

I wanted to be able to pull start my yoyos. Maybe I'll buy a set of lego side effects next time they come out and super glue on some legos that spin. My problem would be almost solved.

I also want to see some visually stunning side effects. They could be bist style, funky spikes, chess pieces, chariot style side-effects, LEDs, etc. I just want to see some really unique stuff.

Maybe next time you release really special side effects, give me first dibs on a set and I'll shut up.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:52 am

JetEyeNight wrote:
da5id wrote:
JetEyeNight wrote:
[sarcasm]
Heck, why redesign RSMs to be lighter and also easier to make when you can just scrap the idea all together, am I right? Nobody likes hubstacks anyways.

There's just too many unique side effects flooding the market right now so there's no demand. It's not like side-effect-enabled yoyos have been out for over two years or anything. There's hardly any yo-yos that use side effects to make it worthwhile... [/sarcasm] *facepalm*

Come on guys, I've been waiting a long time for really unique side effects. Take a little break from designing new throws and focus on side effects for a while.

Loving the Summit by the way. The Summit is THE reason you don't need to design any new yoyos, at least for a while.

More side effect releases would make me feel better simply because I can afford every side effect that comes out, I can't necessarily afford ever new yoyo you release. There's a big portion of us who are happy with the throws we have and by releasing many new side effects you allow us to experience something different without breaking the bank.

I'm very happy with the variety of different-weighted side effects that you offer. They definitely provide a way to experience a side-effect-enabled yoyo in a variety of ways.

I wanted to be able to pull start my yoyos. Maybe I'll buy a set of lego side effects next time they come out and super glue on some legos that spin. My problem would be almost solved.

I also want to see some visually stunning side effects. They could be bist style, funky spikes, chess pieces, chariot style side-effects, LEDs, etc. I just want to see some really unique stuff.

Maybe next time you release really special side effects, give me first dibs on a set and I'll shut up.

I appreciate what you're saying. I'd love to be able to release more special Side Effects but we have to think of the production side. Currently our focus is releasing all the existing Side Effects in a variety of colors. Now that we have the new machine working well, we are just trying to do a decent amount in lots of colors. Legos coming soon.

Down the road we'll focus more on developing new ones. Perhaps DBs "devo" Side Effect :)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:17 am

db

P.S. I see what you did there....! 8-)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am

da5id wrote:
JetEyeNight wrote:
da5id wrote:
JetEyeNight wrote:
[sarcasm]

I appreciate what you're saying. I'd love to be able to release more special Side Effects but we have to think of the production side. Currently our focus is releasing all the existing Side Effects in a variety of colors. Now that we have the new machine working well, we are just trying to do a decent amount in lots of colors. Legos coming soon.

Down the road we'll focus more on developing new ones. Perhaps DBs "devo" Side Effect :)

If you want RSM's, I found a way to make Lego RSM's that work perfectly, dare I say just as well as my 888... You just need YYF hubstacks and a few lego pieces... I can post pictures if you'd like...

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Actually, I never needed RSM's 8-) Just used the legos

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

conroar wrote:
Actually, I never needed RSM's 8-) Just used the legos

Yes! Please post pictures! I would love to see what you've done. Thank you in advance!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 pm

I mean, it works fine... As well as a lego hubstack's going to work. just a bit vibey... I wasn't lying about them working just as well as my 888 though...

Oh and I don't have a legit camera, so I used my laptop camera... Sorry

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm

conroar wrote:
I mean, it works fine... As well as a lego hubstack's going to work. just a bit vibey... I wasn't lying about them working just as well as my 888 though...

Oh and I don't have a legit camera, so I used my laptop camera... Sorry

Can you tell me what kind of lego pieces you used?

I successfully hubstacked my cascade today using the Lego side effects and some pieces from the mini X-wing fighter lego kit you get at the checkout at target. It worked perfectly! It looks like a normal stacked yoyo. It doesn't extend out past the cup of the yoyo which looks great! I'll get some picks up tomorrow.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:33 pm

I've been really into Side Effects lately, and I've heard rumors of brass disk and/or mini disks. I think I've got all of the various SE's in both aluminum and brass (when available) that have been released (even one unreleased), and would like to get my hands on these brass disks and/or mini disks if they ever were released. Can anyone give any insight on this?

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 pm

I just picked up a Yelets in bluegrass fade, it's just beautiful and feels perfect in the hand! I just want to get a little more stability out of it - will heavier side effects do that? I want to find brass ultra lights but I'm having a hard time finding them.

Can someone direct me to a store that has them in stock in the U.S.?

Thanks

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 am

Crow-yo wrote:
I just picked up a Yelets in bluegrass fade, it's just beautiful and feels perfect in the hand! I just want to get a little more stability out of it - will heavier side effects do that? I want to find brass ultra lights but I'm having a hard time finding them.

Can someone direct me to a store that has them in stock in the U.S.?

Thanks

I found that adding a set of aluminum spikes to the Yelets bumps the stability quite a bit.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Well, over a year later, and I finally remembered to post the photos of the hubstack side effects I made. Many thanks to "conroar" for the basic idea.

Here is a hubstacked cascade:

Click on the photos for full sized photos.

If anyone is interested in making their own side effect hubstacks I can post a tutorial.

Material required (for how I made mine):

1. Lego Side Effects, can be purchased here:
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/347/ ... de-Effects

2. Star Wars X-Wing Mini as pictured here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-30051-Star ... 3ce62157ae

These used to be readily available at Targets, but I'm not sure if they still carry them. I should have purchased more while I could.

3. Hubstacks, which can be taken off of an existing YYF Hubstacked yoyo, or purchased here:
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/66/Y ... 7D-Bearing

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7