Read-Only Archives

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:29 pm



Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 What would you want to see from Onedrop? 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 222
Location: USA
A Titanium CLYW /' OneDrop collaboration. My heart goes pitter-pat thinking about a re-engineered Ti Chief.


Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 2091
Location: Indiana
The Machinist wrote:
no good. Mg is susceptible to corrosion and is notorious for stripping threads. That could all be mitigated with nickel plating and heli-coil insert though, I suppose.


A combustible yoyo sounds so enticing though! :lol:

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 222
Location: USA
I would also like to see the Novus Box 2.

Just like newer throws; taller, wider than the previous Novus.


Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 1609
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Those old 6061 novus boxes are clearly inferior. Everyone knows that to truly hold bearings, SideEffects, and string securely they'd need to be made from 7075 - if we could only figure out how to effectively cut such an exotic material.


Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:38 pm
Posts: 2316
Location: Gahanna, OH
The Machinist wrote:
Those old 6061 novus boxes are clearly inferior. Everyone knows that to truly hold bearings, SideEffects, and string securely they'd need to be made from 7075 - if we could only figure out how to effectively cut such an exotic material.


Nope, you got it all wrong. It has to be 7075 with titanium weight rings. :lol:


yoyoGeezer wrote:
I would also like to see the Novus Box 2.

Just like newer throws; taller, wider than the previous Novus.


All joking aside there is a larger version of the Novus sold by Nando who has worked with the One Drop guys. He uses their Novus design for his pellet cases and offers standard Novus size and larger versions.

Pellcan Site

_________________
Senior Editor
Image


Last edited by saintrobyn on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 2488
Location: California
saintrobyn wrote:
The Machinist wrote:
Those old 6061 novus boxes are clearly inferior. Everyone knows that to truly hold bearings, SideEffects, and string securely they'd need to be made from 7075 - if we could only figure out how to effectively cut such an exotic material.


Nope, you got it all wrong. It has to be 7075 with titanium weight rings. :lol:


yoyoGeezer wrote:
I would also like to see the Novus Box 2.

Just like newer throws; taller, wider than the previous Novus.


All joking aside there is a larger version of the Novus sold by Nando who has worked with the One Drop guys. He uses their Nipovus design for his pellet cases and offers standard Novus size and larger versions.

Pellcan Site


Nando is the man!


Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 222
Location: USA
Vendetta wrote:
saintrobyn wrote:
The Machinist wrote:
Those old 6061 novus boxes are clearly inferior. Everyone knows that to truly hold bearings, SideEffects, and string securely they'd need to be made from 7075 - if we could only figure out how to effectively cut such an exotic material.


Nope, you got it all wrong. It has to be 7075 with titanium weight rings. :lol:


yoyoGeezer wrote:
I would also like to see the Novus Box 2.

Just like newer throws; taller, wider than the previous Novus.


All joking aside there is a larger version of the Novus sold by Nando who has worked with the One Drop guys. He uses their Nipovus design for his pellet cases and offers standard Novus size and larger versions.

Pellcan Site


Nando is the man!


Yes, I have seen the Pelican boxes. That would be great, but how about a bit taller? That way, all of the different SE's would fit inside.

And touché on the sarcasm. I had probably it coming.

All kidding aside; from me as well. The ideas are genuine; as was the expectation of a few shots at the geezer.


Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:38 pm
Posts: 2316
Location: Gahanna, OH
yoyoGeezer wrote:
Yes, I have seen the Pelican boxes. That would be great, but how about a bit taller? That way, all of the different SE's would fit inside.


That would work as well if you want a Novus with the same diameter. Looking at a Pellcan 2.9 or 3.9, I am thinking one of those would hold an entire set of Side Effects since they are the same height but twice to three times as wide.

_________________
Senior Editor
Image


Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:45 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 2880
Location: Area 51
saintrobyn wrote:
yoyoGeezer wrote:
Yes, I have seen the Pelican boxes. That would be great, but how about a bit taller? That way, all of the different SE's would fit inside.


That would work as well if you want a Novus with the same diameter. Looking at a Pellcan 2.9 or 3.9, I am thinking one of those would hold an entire set of Side Effects since they are the same height but twice to three times as wide.

I hear that...but do you think you could fit in assembled Regular RSMs and Ricestack RSMs as well? :twisted:

db


Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:10 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:33 am
Posts: 183
I'd like to see more of the larger diameter disc side effects with different engravings or splash anodizing!

I wanna see side effects that are essentially concave discs so you can do tricks like you can do on the yoyojam theory or like in the Strix video on yoyoexpert.

I wanna see key fobs that coincidentally can be used as counterweights.


Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:17 am
Posts: 55
I'm still hoping to get something (anything) to replace the dice on my RSMs. I suppose that's a lot less likely now that RSMs aren't expected to be produced any longer...


Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 2880
Location: Area 51
dsl wrote:
I'm still hoping to get something (anything) to replace the dice on my RSMs. I suppose that's a lot less likely now that RSMs aren't expected to be produced any longer...

RSM caps are actually very simple geometries. You could design something and have it printed on a 3D printer...just imagine the different shapes you could make!

db

P.S. There are wed-based services that you can send your CAD data to and they will print them and send them to you. Can't cost too much for a set or two of small, simple pieces!


Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 am
Posts: 933
Location: Buffalo, NY
Ditch Down Edition Summits

8-)


Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:09 am
Posts: 292
Location: Shizuoka, Japan
I got a GZR Burnside a while back and, spontaneously, the buttons fell off all of my clothes. I'd like to rekindle the idea of a taller, 7075 Novus to store them all (I have a lot of buttons) until I find the time to sew them back on. The inside of my 6061 Novus incurred way too much damage from prior button storage to be relied upon any further.


Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 2880
Location: Area 51
YoAaronD wrote:
I got a GZR Burnside a while back and, spontaneously, the buttons fell off all of my clothes. I'd like to rekindle the idea of a taller, 7075 Novus to store them all (I have a lot of buttons) until I find the time to sew them back on. The inside of my 6061 Novus incurred way too much damage from prior button storage to be relied upon any further.

I'm sorry to hear about the damage to your 6061 Novus. You may be interested in what's been rumored to be under development back in the secret One Drop laboratory...a titanium Novus...! :lol:

db


Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 am
Posts: 4
Love to see a new Titanium (Or a rerun of the Sovereign) With SE!

The return of the Rotating Side Member... Sounds like a good horror flick.

A CLYW/OD Colab called the Peak Smasher! ;) A peak like design merged with the P1 with custom engraved SE

An Official One Drop song done by the reggae band... One Drop!

http://www.onedropreggae.com/

And with it a new throw... Reggae inspired ano colors w/Reggae Lion engraving. Call it the Zion. One Love... Two Drops!


Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:15 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:33 am
Posts: 183
I'd like to see a modern Ti for $200.


Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:31 am
Posts: 857
Location: Geneva, NY
A few requests. :)

Pink side effects

Pink Rallys with red weight rings

A fixed axle Side Effect for converting any SE-equipped yoyo for fixed axle play – this could be it’s own SE, a little sleeve that fits into where the bearing would normally sit on already available SEs, or something else

_________________
Finger Lakes Yoyo Club in Ithaca, NY - PM me for details.


Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:37 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Easthampton, MA
jrodriguez wrote:
A fixed axle Side Effect for converting any SE-equipped yoyo for fixed axle play – this could be it’s own SE, a little sleeve that fits into where the bearing would normally sit on already available SEs, or something else


That is an excellent idea man........ WOW


Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 2880
Location: Area 51
mgiroux77 wrote:
jrodriguez wrote:
A fixed axle Side Effect for converting any SE-equipped yoyo for fixed axle play – this could be it’s own SE, a little sleeve that fits into where the bearing would normally sit on already available SEs, or something else


That is an excellent idea man........ WOW

Area 51 has been doing just that for some time now. It's actually quite fun for a while but the novelty wears thin. The neat thing is that with a properly sized sleeve, you can turn *any* One Drop yoyo into a fixed axle yoyo! The original M1 and Project with the pad response are close to my favorites playing this way....

db


Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.