View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who wants... 

heyheyyoyo wrote:
Okay, i guess you guys are stuck with the nickel idea. I am fine with the nickel plating, but i do think that the nickel gets smudged very easily. The soda finish enables a stimulation of annodization, without the cost or possible flaws. In the end, it might not even be nickel plated. Or soda blasted.

well, as said above, it's not that we're stuck with the idea. but I think nickel plating is somewhat a determinant feature of a mark montgomery signature throw.

but I'll go with whatever mark decides, he, more than anyone else, you included, knows what kind of signature throw he wants.

it's a little out of place to even discuss about how some other guy's signature throw should be. by definition, a signature throw is designed by the guy in question, maybe sitting down together with the manufacturer. not by -with all due respect and absolutely no offense intended- some random fan.

Should he come up with some cheap chinese plastic with wooden side effects and barb wire string, it's still his call and I trust he has enough knowledge and I know for a fact that he has good enough tastes to come up with something epic, as he always does in everything he does.

have faith, respect the guy, mark montgomery and "disappointment" are not meant to be in the same sentence (well, except for this one)

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:15 am
Profile WWW

dirty birdy wrote:
heyheyyoyo wrote:
I am fine with the nickel plating, but i do think that the nickel gets smudged very easily.

What do you mean by "the nickel gets smudged very easily"?

db

I mean, that the yoyo is susceptible to the oils on your hands that can cause smudges on the shiny nickel finish.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:47 pm

@ EmanualG:it's a little out of place to even discuss about how some other guy's signature throw should be. by definition, a signature throw is designed by the guy in question, maybe sitting down together with the manufacturer. not by -with all due respect and absolutely no offense intended- some random fan.

It's okay, i get it. Initially, I wanted just to see whether anyone would want to see a new markmont. throw. It kind of evolved from there.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 pm

heyheyyoyo wrote:
dirty birdy wrote:
heyheyyoyo wrote:
I am fine with the nickel plating, but i do think that the nickel gets smudged very easily.

What do you mean by "the nickel gets smudged very easily"?

db

I mean, that the yoyo is susceptible to the oils on your hands that can cause smudges on the shiny nickel finish.

None of my sigs have been nor will ever be meant to be shiny nor stay perfect looking. (Even though there was a small yoyoexpert run that was produced shiny in its START state) The amount of time and play you put into the throw should be reflected in the yo-yos appearance - that's a core attribute. The only one that got away from this was the silver soda blasted one, but that was an anniversary edition so it was an exception.

Glad to see ya'll are hungry for a 4th Markmont. (Markmont., Markmont. Next, Wooly Markmont., __________). There's no telling when one could surface but it's nice to see that there is a lot of support for it. I've got some ideas mulling around in my head that I think everyone will be pleased with. As someone mentioned earlier, just be ready to buy one (or 3) when it comes out : P

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:23 am

I will always be hungering for a new MarkMont. They are always a wonderful treat :lol:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:26 am

I was told that there was going to be another run of Markmonts (original), is that really true?

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:48 am

man my markmont.next looks so badass, all dinged up, tarnished, marked, this is how I like it. I can't wait for the next one

about the other signatures, just release all at the same time :lol:

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:29 pm
Profile WWW

I love the Markmont.next. I got 3 of em, all special in their own way :D
and I have a half nickel half raw OG markmont. plays like a beast.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:35 pm

/\ Jealz.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:47 pm

RebelThrow wrote:
new MM yoyo could be way cool. But shouldn't we see a Brett or Zammy Sig first?

what about our new Hungarian Champion Vilmos? he deserves one too! ^^

OD C3 CLYW YYR FTW

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2