Read-Only Archives

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Open Appeal for One Drop Rereleases? 

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse with this, but are we ever going to see a rerelease of the Project Two? The yoyo that made Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs? I appreciated that the Y-Factor came back with a facelift, but I sort of hoped that we'd see another nut capture sneak into view, or that somewhere in Eugene, a batch of them were being carefully assembled. Is this dream a possibility? I love One Drop and all it's yoyos, but man, you can't escape your past. I've owned probably 6-7 Project Twos, both with original and triangle captures and in terms of good looking, functioning, playing yoyos, that design takes the cake. Side effects are great, but the nut capture, the size, the weight, man, that thing was something special.

Think about it, homedogs.

P.s. Yes, the original Project also had the nut capture, but for me, it was too light. That design was perfected as the Markmont Project, but I realize with the Classic coming out, that will never see manufacture again. :'(

Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:49 pm

That original nut capture is still one of my favorites. It's so sexy and just looks great. I love the side effects too, it's so smooth. I'll let the guys from OD weigh in on this since they can explain why it hasn't shown up on newer models but I would suspect it might have to do with time vs cost or possibly more reliable axle systems are just easier to produce accurately.

I would imagine this particular nut capture probably took up quite a bit more machine time to cut out since these were done on the mill. It might not be as feasible now days because there was slightly less demand from One Drop since they were still a fairly new YoYo company.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Appreciate the request. Pretty sure we won't make Project 2's with the nut capture again. It's possible we will make them like we did with the Y Factor - tapped.

But, we have something else planned that is inspired by the Project 2 .. can't say more except it will be a few months.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]