Read-Only Archives

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bapezilla 2 and Markmont Dragon strings 

My Bape 2 is a bit of a Dragon slayer.

I got it as a gift on 8/9 and it frayed a Dragon that same day. I kinda knew that there were finish issues with Anti-Yos, so I didn't panic even though I assumed those issues were limited to early YWETs. I ended up spending a chunk of time that day rubbing the thing against the inside of my belt to try to fix the problem.

After that, I dropped in a Hamstring just to test it out and make sure things were ok. I kept it that way for a few days and things were fine. So, I decided to give the Dragons another shot. For whatever reason, once gain the Dragon frayed within about a day.

Any idea why this might happen? To put things in perspective, I got an Avalanche for Xmas and put a Dragon in there in December. I'm still using that same string in there to this day and it's seen a ton of play. Same goes for the Code 2 I got in June - only one Dragon since day 1...

Do I need to keep rubbing the finish off the Bape 2, or what?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:44 pm

It's not the string. You probably just need to keep smoothing out the surface where the catch zone meets the guts area.

You killed me with "Frayed a dragon" lol

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 am

I'm not "afrayed of dragons...."! :lol:

db

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:26 am

I'll keep working on it. Those poor Dragons are helpless against Bape's mithril finish or some such thing.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 am

Ok, I am wondering whether anyone else had a big problem with extremely tight bearing seats on their Markmont Projects? My bearing is seriously tight on this sucker, so tight that it makes it virtually impossible to unscrew without making lots of bad grinding noises. Even so, it doesn't bother me much, but I don't want to put unnecessary damage on the bearing seats or gall something. Can anyone weight in? Is it worth sending it to Eugene for some TLC?

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]