View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Ain't nuthin' but a G thang! (G-Squared Albatross baby!) 

G-Squared Albatross. Get it. There is your review. :D

Seriously....MAJOR props to Brett and Jake! They came out guns blazing with their first project...and hit a homerun. Correction...they hit a grand slam. Yes, the Albatross is THAT good.

If you missed it...here are the specs:

56mm diameter
43.64mm width
4.34mm gap
65 grams
Flowable Silicone Response
One Drop 10 Ball Bearing

Those numbers tick all the boxes for me....great size, weight, gap, bearing, and response system. Then you get the yoyo in your hand and instantly connect with the shape. They use the word 'organic' to describe it...and it's hard to argue. Not only is the shape spot on, but the finish is super smooth to the touch. I don't think I threw it for the first half hour I had it...just could not stop staring at it. :shock: :shock: :shock:

When it comes to play...the Albatross does not dissapoint. DEAD smooth...as in about as smooth as anything I've felt. Right up there with the some of the best stuff being put out these days. On a throw, the Albatross feels a gram or two heavier than it's 65 grams would suggest...and that's not a bad thing. That is probably due to the excellent weight distribution which also result in fantastic spin times.

I think that G-Squared nailed it when it comes to creating a very balanced feeling yoyo. Not light...not heavy...solid, but floaty....again....perfect. Excellent IRG for you grinders out there...and the finish sure helps. The gap and catch zone and very inviting...allowing it handle anything you can throw at it.

Kudos to Brett and Jake. For those of you who have been around to witness Brett's journey in this community...it's really a special thing to see how far he's come. From a noob :lol: making basic videos to track his progress, to some of the best high speed tutorials ever done, to his own online store...and now (along with Jake) his own yoyo company. Brett is without a doubt a true force in the yoyo scene. And it could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Run....don't walk....and go grab yourself an Albatross!

RIDE

And here is the Albatross next to another favorite of mine...the CLYW Chief.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Looking forward to getting mine in the mail. :)

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Me too, can't wait for mine to arrive, all the way from USA to Malaysia

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:40 am

My "The Rare One" Albatross arrived today and I must say that I agree completely with what RIDE said about it! These things will fly off the shelves. Great job Brett & Jake! (sorry for all the dust in the photo)

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey RIDe, what colorway is that? It's beautiful.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:08 pm

So awesome - keep 'em coming, guys! I'm waiting for solid colors. :mrgreen: (fingers crossed!)

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Mine is green and black. But the colors sure do pop due to the finish. I have not seen a green like this before.

And Dougie.....THAT ROCKS!

RIDE

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:17 pm

RIDE wrote:
Mine is green and black. But the colors sure do pop due to the finish. I have not seen a green like this before.
RIDE

Ah, i'm assuming it's the Borealis then. 8-)

I just got my Antiquity and it's even better looking in person than it is in the pictures. But that Borealis is really something else. Can't say enough good things about this yoyo!

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:46 am

Quick question, what pads fit in Albatross? Thanks

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:13 pm
Profile WWW

you can use one drop flow groove pads, our recess is just a hair wider, it will have a small gap around the flow groove but its doesnt affect play.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:17 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for info. Going to buy it as soon as it arrives to yoyoz :)

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]